Saturday, August 06, 2005

New MTB


After riding hardtail bikes for the best part of the last 15 years and fervently disapproving of fullies I've eventually changed my mind. I now believe that the technology is good enough to avoid any bobbing going uphill and the only disadvantage of full suspension is the extra weight and less reliability.
I've been convinced that rear suspension is a great advantage downhill and can even be beneficial on tough uphill sections with very rough surface --- you can pedal more evenly and therefore safe energy. And the rear shock is so much fun that you actually start looking for obstacles! I've gone for the Specialized Epic Marathon 2004 with Fox Terralogic Fork and Brain IQ rear suspension.

4 comments:

Arnaud said...

I hope that with such a nice bike you will be faster than Herr Schaller.

Thomas Rischbeck said...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Evans Cycles Internet Orders [mailto:orders0@evanscycles.com]
Sent: Freitag, 12. August 2005 16:40
To: Thomas Rischbeck
Subject: RE: Your Evans Cycles Order



Hi Mr Rischbeck



Sorry, I have just been informed by our workshop that your bike is badly damaged, beyond repair and it is the last one of its kind.Would you like to consider an alternative, maybe the B1270 OR B1274, We may be able to discount the Epic pro disc, if you would like this one instead. Please let me know.


Regards Jackie

Thomas Rischbeck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thomas Rischbeck said...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Thomas Rischbeck
Sent: 14 August 2005 12:32
To: Evans Cycles Internet Orders
Subject: RE: Your Evans Cycles Order - Customer Id: 42461 Order Id: 60060364 Date: 2005-08-06 17:24:53


To Whom It May Concern:


Your message surprises me. I was relying on you to dispatch this item to me as quickly as possible.

This is just unacceptable one week after placing an order!



This leaves me with a very unprofessional impression of Evanscycles – certainly not adequate service for a customer willing to spend 2K pounds. Maybe you should work on your internal lines of communication to avoid such situations in the future and disgruntling other clients?

After this experience I’m certainly not willing to consider an alternative bike from you.


Regards,

Thomas Rischbeck